[Freeswitch-users] RPMs and Yum repo for EL5 and EL6 based system in beta

Magnus magnus.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:06:33 MSK 2012

From: freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org
[mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Ken Rice
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] RPMs and Yum repo for EL5 and EL6 based
system in beta

Actually it should work just fine on 6.2... That's what I am using...  I'm
wondering if we have missed something...

Can you do this...

Edit /etc/password and set the freeswitch user to have /bin/bash as a shell
Then passwd -l freeswitch  (this locks the account so that no one else can
login)
Then su - freeswitch   to become the freeswitch user
Then cd /usr/local/freeswitch; bin/freeswitch
And get me the output
We probably have a bad permission or something equally silly

Hello again Ken,

I will try and grab you on IRC but the output is :

# su - freeswitch

-bash-4.1$ cd /usr/local/freeswitch; bin/freeswitch

Error: stacksize -1 is too large: run ulimit -s 240 from your shell before
starting the application.

auto-adjusting stack size for optimal performance...

Cannot open pid file /var/run/freeswitch/freeswitch.pid.

-bash-4.1$

Thanks

Magnus