[Freeswitch-users] http://www.uceprotect.net the craptastic RBL

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 9 22:25:44 MSK 2012

This usually means that some idiot^H^H^H^H^Hperson has subscribed to our list... gotten mad because of their own inability to unsubscribe, then they report it.  This just means that if you use UCEProtect.net you don't get our list emails thats just how we are going to roll on this one.

/b

On Feb 9, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Ken Rice wrote:

> So... It appears the FreeSwitch list server has been listed as a Spam source
> at http://www.uceprotect.net
>
> UCEProtects solution wait atleast a week then maybe they will drop the list
> server from their spam listing or pay them $115 and they’ll delist it
>
> Oh! BTW we can prevent the server from being listed again for $115 for 2
> years of white listing....
>
> 1. Why would we want to do that?
> 2. Why don’t they provide a way for obvious legit projects such as
> FreeSWITCH to get immediately Delisted?
> 3. Why do they allow anyone willing to pay them a few bucks to get
> themselves delisted?
>
> Sounds like they are just in it for the money... If you are using this RBL
> drop it, its not really blocking your spam

Brian West
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
Phone: +1 (918) 420-9266
Fax:   +1 (918) 420-9267