[Freeswitch-users] [newbie] questions

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Feb 9 17:27:33 MSK 2012

> One thing I seem to have forgotten from my newbie list of questions - I
> take it FreeSWITCH can do call-recording (in both directions) right? If
> so, how is this stored/implemented (I hope both ends are stored as a
> single sound file)? I would like all calls to be recorded as a matter of
> policy, so I do need this implemented if I am going to use FreeSWITCH.

Yes, FS can record as long as it's in the media path.
You can save as any format that FS can handle, including .mp3 if mod_shout
is loaded - see
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_record_session

It saves both channels to one file, but you have the option to record only
caller/callee or to swap the channels. There doesn't seem to be a "flatten
to mono" option. See the RECORD_* links at the bottom of that page.

-Avi