[Freeswitch-users] external_sip_ip not refreshed after ip address change.

Anurag Srivastava asrivas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:23:28 MSK 2012

I have a question about nat behavior in freeswitch. Basically my external
calls to freeswitch are getting disconnected after 30 seconds of two way
audio when my external ip address changes. I have dhcp from my ISP and am
using external_sip_ip and external_rtp_ip as stun:<stun_server>. When my IP
changes I see that external_sip_ip does not get refreshed but
external_rtp_ip does. I am not allowed to enable upnp/nat-pmp on my router.
Apparently it is a known issue that external_sip_ip is read just
 at load time and not refreshed even if it is specified in stun format
 Is there a fix to this problem?

There is always the option of restarting profile when ddclient notes an ip
change. Is there something inbuilt into FS. It is already finding that ip
address has changed as reflected in external_rtp_ip which does use stun and
gets the right ip address.