[Freeswitch-users] Questions regarding mod_fifo and mod_callcenter

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Feb 3 19:15:49 MSK 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM, <georg at riseup.net> wrote:

> > I would like to implement a quite simple queue, but I don't know if
> > mod_fifo is able to handle this. Would be great if someone could clarify
> > this:
> >
> > - One phone number, two phones
> > - If both or one is idle, call should be routed directly to the phone(s),
> > no moh should be played (just ringtones)
> > - if both in use, call should be routed into a queue, caller should hear
> > moh
> > - if after this a phone gets idle, call should be routed to the phone,
> moh
> > should stopped and ringtones be played to the caller
> > - if a call comes from the queue, and both phones are idle, both phones
> > should ring at the same time (I tried this with mod_fifo, is this
> > possible?)
>
> Isn't this possible?

I'm pretty sure that this is how mod_callcenter works - like a traditional
ACD. In mod_fifo it generally doesn't play ringing tones to the caller
while it's looking for an agent. If anyone knows how to have mod_fifo mimic
ACD by letting the caller hear ringback while dialing the agent's phone
please let me know and I will add it to the wiki.

-MC