[Freeswitch-users] mod_xml_curl + variables documentation

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 03:50:10 MSK 2012

Spent several hours working on further re-structuring the mod_xml_curl
docs, but I'm still not happy with it :/

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl

As mod_xml_curl request variables can be very difficult to figure out, I
have started to document which request variables apply where, which are
common, which are section specific etc.

However - there is also a huge lack of variable documentation, and although
this isn't strictly a mod_xml_curl thing, it would benefit many others
areas too if we had all these documented.* *

Although the mod_xml_curl docs page isn't the proper home for variable
descriptions, it will suffice for now until we have them all collected.

For example:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl#sip_user_agent
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl#sip_request_port

Compared to:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_sip_user_agent
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_sip_request_port

To some extent, I think that the concept of having individual pages for
each variable is not very user friendly - would anyone care to speculate on
whether this should be phased out in favour of a single page with all the
variables on?

Either way, if anyone has maybe a spare 10 minutes to contribute towards
getting these variables documented, it would really help reduce the work
load (some are a simple Google job, others require trawling through source
code).

Cal