[Freeswitch-users] failover when storing recordings

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Dec 28 03:36:41 MSK 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Puskás Zsolt <errotan at elder.hu> wrote:

> Would be simpler and more reliable to store the file during the recording
> on the local machine (hard or RAM disk) than copy the file after hangup.

+1

You're better off doing a cron job that copies the files to the target
host, confirms they made it, then deletes the files from the local host
(i.e. the FreeSWITCH box). You could even write a daemon that runs
constantly and waits for a lull in system activity and moves the files when
things are quiet. You could get really fancy if you wanted to but I think
most sysadmins around here would say: keep it simple, try a cron job that
runs every 10 minutes or so and uses "nice" or something similar to make
sure the copy process doesn't spike your disk, network, or cpu usage.

-MC