[Freeswitch-users] NAT traversal - the final say..!

Dave R. Kompel drk at drkngs.net
Tue Dec 25 05:06:05 MSK 2012

If you have a full IPv6 network, using all the protocols, like dns registration, DHCP-V6 for assigning networks to routers, Neighbor Discovery both directions, so that DNS delegations can be automated, then as long as you reference everything by host name, it should all just work. It's been working that way for me, with the only having to update nameserver helper records once and a while.

If you happen have your own address space, and with to managed it downstream, all the services can also be implmented easy so that your down streams don't have to do anything to make all the auto address assignment, and DNS work.

If you're going to use IPv6, set up the infrastructure FIRST, so managing it doesn't get out of hand. If done right at all layers it just works, when you use names.

--Dave
      _____