[Freeswitch-users] XML DialPlan Gateay dialing redundancy

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Mon Dec 24 20:36:10 MSK 2012

I need a little help with a complex XML dialplan.  Also, I am on the Stable
release so I do not believe the much needed nested conditions exists for me
yet.

My problem is faulty gateway providers who periodically fail to connect the
call with [temp failure] because "our routing tables where not up to date."

So what I am after is an xml dialplan to do this

If (it is a 10 or 11 digit dial)

                Dial using gateway 1

                If no answer

                                Go to voice mail

                Else if gateway failure

                                Dial using gateway 2

                If no answer

                                Go to voice mail

                Else if gateway failure

                                Dial using gateway 3

                If no answer

                                Go to voice mail

                                Else if gateway failure

                                                Play a message that the
number is screwed!

Perhaps I need to breakdown and use a scripting language like LUA or
JavaScript for this, but I would rather keep everything in XML if possible.

Any thoughts?

Happy Holidays to all,

Sean