[Freeswitch-users] New install 1.2.Stable blows up compiling mod_perl.so

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 19 04:58:33 MSK 2012

Back in the day I ran a large multi-line pay BBS/ISP.... We used this
software called MajorBBS to run the whole thing... It used these loadable
modules, not much different then freeswitch modules we use today, the only
problem was they needed to be loaded in a specific order, the only way to
get that order correct was moving the modules out of and back into the
directory they lived in until you got them to load right (they loaded based
on unsorted directory order)... So as with most hard drives back in the day,
I had to run a defrag regularly which always screwed up the load order...
After a few pints one night I decide its a good time to do the routine
defrag, etc...

Needless to say after about an hour of screwing with the system, I¹ve
decided I had enough, I would just restore the backup I made of the FAT
tables and let it sit til later... Only problem I had defragged since the
last FAT back up... ie: the files were no longer in the same spot on hdd...
Needless to say there were a lotta people angry they couldn¹t get onto the
system for about 3 days while I unscrewed things and tried to work my day
job also

On 12/18/12 7:47 PM, "Michael Collins" <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:
>> LOL  live and learn.  They are rebuilding my Centos 5.8 now.
>> Thanks.
>
> Just remember we're laughing *with* you, not at you, because pretty much
> everyone one of us has a story to tell. "One time I had this critical server
> in place and I typed rm -fr * when I meant to type cd /tmp && rm -fr * ..."
>
> In fact, on tomorrow's conference call we should have a contest to see who has
> done the biggest CLI woopsie daisy of them all. My money's on Ken Rice - that
> guy has some mad skillz. :)
>
> -MC

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Ken