[Freeswitch-users] Multihomed server.

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:38:39 MSK 2012

On 15.12.2012 23:32, Ken Rice wrote:
> Why not just setup 2 profiles sharing the same domain?

In the wiki its not very well described about domains, especially about
sharing same domain between multiple profiles.

> why not simply use split horizon dns so that
> endpoints on any of the attached networks get proper host pointers...

It's not possible for now, as company does not have a dedicated DNS name
registered at international DNS servers specifically for this, but it
will be used when everything is settled down.

On 15.12.2012 23:19, Steven Ayre wrote:

 > Rather your problem is coming from the fact they're both registering
with the same credentials.

 > Can you get each phone to register with its own user account?

Nope. The idea is to register multiple phone to same account and use
simple contact to get phones ringing.

 > I suspect simply prefixing your bridge dial string with
{ignore_early_media=true} will get the behaviour you desire.

I didn't try this, but finally I managed to accomplish the idea. I took
sip_profiles/internal.xml and changed its name to
internal_(internal_IP).xml, and in it I put rtp-ip, sip-ip, ext-rtp-ip,
ext-sip-ip to internal IP of the server and listening port to 5060 UDP.
Also, made a copy with name internal_(external-IP).xml for IP facing to
internet and modified rtp-ip, sip-ip, ext-rtp-ip, ext-sip-ip to IP of
interface facing to internet and listening on port 5060 UDP.

Then in both profiles I changed
<domains>
	<domain name="all" alias="true" parse="false"/>
</domains>
<domains>
	<domain name="$${domain}" alias="false" parse="false"/>
</domains>

And now all registered phones for same account via both profiles rings.
Of course in both profile is a parameter:
<param name="multiple-registrations" value="contact"/>

That is how I managed to get it working.

--
Mimiko desu.