[Freeswitch-users] Problem with outbound calls, transfers and bypass_media

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:50:56 MSK 2012

Hi all,

I have a problemin dealing outbound calls and a transfer with bypass_media.
Let me explain with an example(outbound call):
1) alocal extension (200) calls an external number
2) 200 transfers the call to another local extension 202
3) 202 and the external number are bridged with bypass_mediaandthere is
no audio (of course as they are under NAT).

FS dialplan beetween local extension is:

  <extension name="local_extension" >
<condition field="username" expression="(^\d{2,5}$)" break="never" >
<action application="set" data="bypass_media=true" />
</condition>
    [...]

If I call from an external number to a local extension and than transfer
the call to another extension, all works fine.
Indeed, in the external profile I have:
inbound-proxy-media=false
inbound-bypass-media=false
inbound-late-negotiation=true
(as I think the bypass_media does not overwrite the global configuration
in the external profile)

Is there a global configuration for no-media mode also for the outbound
calls?
In other word, I would like to have bypass_media just beetween local
extensions.

Best regards,
Carlo