[Freeswitch-users] easy way to crash freeswitch

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Mon Dec 10 05:36:58 MSK 2012

Hey Thomas,
Thanks for being the perfect Object lesson here...

As a blind person, Thomas is one of the few users that has an excuse to not
open a jira. Yes for the vision impaired Jira is a pain to use. I'm working
on some ways around this. However, this is the perfect time to address how
to handle this.

1) there are tools in tree such as ${FS_SOURCE}/support-d/fscore_pb  which
is a small script that will gather a backtrace from the core file resulting
from a segfault and pastebin it to the FreeSwitch Pastebin. (please note you
may have to configure your system to allow FreeSWITCH to actuall drop a core
file.)

2) Log files. (the stuff from /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.log is
perfect here)

3) description of the problem. With an example of how to on demand tickle
the bug if known.

4) Email the list let us know you need help.

Now that being said, This is not an invitation for everyone to start
emailing the list for help on posting a Jira, 99% of the FS user base are
sighted users. That means you can open a jira yourself. Like any telephony
software we have a fairly good sized blind user community. We know who they
are, and for the most part they are fairly well involved.

I wont call them out individually, but they know who they are, and quite
frankly all of them are super nice guys.

Thomas, don't take the "well you didn't open a jira" thing personally, its
just we deal with able bodied people that are just way too lazy to follow
the procedure that helps us the most.