[Freeswitch-users] Distributed Conference Room

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:19:58 MSK 2012

Hi,

If I were you, I'd prefer to have a memcached register of active conference
room on their server(s), if the primary server fails to accept my call or
it has reached a max.confernece.participant limit (N lets say) then I would
append custom header in the failure route which tells which server and
which conference room this call belongs to and route it to any End point
FreeSwitch.

Call gets accepted on newer server, add it into the previously stated
opensips registry. Then at the new FreeSwitch server add few scripts to
detect those custom headers..initiate a new conference and a new call to
dial to the server in header and add it into my current conference as
participant. This is really interesting to initiate a call between two
(freeswitches or more) and adding it as participant in local conference.

Thats what I always find more practical.

Any new call to same conference will again consult memcache from opensips
and hence gets routed to the last inserted server IP with participant
vacancy.

I hope I made some sense.

Thanks
Sammy