[Freeswitch-users] 10 second delay

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Wed Dec 5 08:01:11 MSK 2012

My best advice would be to to a packet capture, or turn on sip traces between the gateway,
  FS, and the phones, then try a test.

When you look through the call, take a look at the difference in the time stamps.

You should see a progress or a ringing back from the phone, then a 200 OK when they pick up.

After the call is picked up, see if there is additional traffic required to setup media,
or any other entries in the log that might suggest that some additional actions are
happening after the answer.

Also, if you can capture with wireshark, you can play back the media stream.  Check to see
if the first hello is there coming out of the phone, and then going to the gateway.
Wireshark will put it all in a time line perspective for you, so you can determine if this
is a problem with the phone, your configuration, or the gateway.

Are you using late negotiation, bypass media, or any other options like that?

-Tim