[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch is crashing when httapi playback application is executed

Srigo ksrigo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:17:50 MSK 2012

Hi,

I have now more details about this crashed.
Here is what i did (I used the FS you compiled as 'minessale"):

 - Start FS as minessale:

 su minessale
 /usr/local/stow/freeswitch_20121130/bin/freeswitch -nonat -rp -nc -conf
/etc/freeswitch/ -db /var/lib/freeswitch/db/ -log /var/log/freeswitch

 Everthing worked fine, NO CRASH!!

 - Then i tried samething by starting FS as "freeswitch"
  su - freeswitch -s /bin/bash
 /usr/local/stow/freeswitch_20121130/bin/freeswitch -nonat -rp -nc -conf
/etc/freeswitch/ -db /var/lib/freeswitch/db/ -log /var/log/freeswitch

 This time FS crashed.
 According to "strace", we have a permission denied when accessing to
/usr/local/stow/freeswitch_20121130/storage/http_file_cache. By changing the
rights on "storage" I was able to run httapi without crash with the user
"freeswitch"

 I joined the trace file.

 Additionnaly, we got the same issue with the compiled debian package: It's
looking for its cache in /usr/storage which does nt exist.

 I would like to suggest to you:
- Checking return code when opening a file in "storage/http_file_cache" and
log failures.
- Fix the build system to create the storage cache with the correct rights
- Add in httapi configuration file parameters to set the storage path

 Regards,
 Srigo