[Freeswitch-users] how to play a prompt after connection

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Tue Aug 28 21:25:03 MSD 2012

I need to do the following:

(1) connect an inbound caller to ivr, and collect a phone number
(2) bridge the caller to the entered phone number
(3) just after connection, play a prompt to the called party 'this call is being recorded'
(4) make a recording of the call

I basically have everything working except number 3 -- playing the prompt to the called party immediately after they pick up.  Since I am successfully recording the call I assume we have a conference going on freeswitch, and I should be able to play the prompt to the conference somehow (it's ok if the calling party hears it as well).

I'm doing this in lua, but I think if someone points me to the freeswitch commands to use to stream a file to both parties immediately after bridging that's all I need.