[Freeswitch-users] ipv6 - any fans?

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 21:05:24 MSD 2012

I'm all for IPv6, just get your firewalling right, depending on your OS it
doesn't always share rules automatically. Don't forget your machine will
usually have at least 3 addresses too, which can of course be bound and
firewalled individually.

But as the others have said, the main issue is support in existing kit.
Only a fraction of my devices support IPv6. It's good for some things and
not doing something just because no-one else is will never push the
progression on. The more demand we create for IPv6, the more likely ISPs
are to take it up.

*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*
Managing Director

*T <info at cassidywebservices.co.uk> *03300 100 960