[Freeswitch-users] Conflicting NAT handling on same user registering on different SIP profiles

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Thu Aug 23 21:03:57 MSD 2012

Hi all,

I have user 20 at domain registering both via SIP profile a and SIP profile b.
SIP profile A and B each have their own public IP.
On SIP profile A, user 20 at domain registers with a Softphone.
On SIP profile B, user 20 at domain registers with a Polycom phone.
Both the Softphone and the Polycom are behind the same NAT.

SIP profile A is using the default NAT configuration.
SIP profile B is using a special hack to handle NAT for Polycom phones, as follows:
<param name="NDLB-force-rport" value="true"/>

After that, if both SIP profile A and SIP profile B are loaded, only the Polycom is able to register. The softphone does gets by, packets go and come back, but FS does not seem to register it.
If I disable the Polycom profile, the Softphone can register fine.

My temporary solution is to register both under the Polycom profile, but it's a little unreliable.

What are your suggestions at this point?

Best,
Emrah