[Freeswitch-users] Shared Call Appearance and Transferring Calls on Cisco SPA504G

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 20:59:21 MSD 2012

I have an SPA303, and the process to transfer (either attended of blind) is
to press a key labeled 'xfer' or 'bxfer' then dial the line to transfer to.
Aside from that I've not played with SLA on these devices.

You can emulate these features using just one line per phone setting up the
others as speed dial, blf and call pickup using the syntax
fnc=sd+blf+cp;ext=<exten>

Make sure you set type to RFC3265_4235 on the Attendant keys tab, and add
the relevant dialplan entries to handle the interception of the calls (call
pickup prepends ** to the number)

Alternatively there's always call parking, too. You could set up 3 slot
parking lot, handle the hold event to park the call in a specific slot,
then getting the call back again is just a speed dial key.

That setup works for me, and is only a suggestion. As I've only got the one
device I can't offer any solutions for using SLA at this time.

On 23 August 2012 15:33, Colin Mason <cmason at frontiernetworks.ca> wrote:

> So I have been experimenting with a key system for an office with 3 Cisco
> SPA504G phones and FreeSWITCH 1.2.1. They require 3 shared lines. I have
> inbound and outbound calls working properly with the shared lines and the
> phones are configured properly with shared lines, Broadcom etc. Visually
> everything seems to work with the line notifications on the 3 phones.****
>
> ** **
>
> My internal profile has:****
>
> ** **
>
>     <param name="manage-shared-appearance" value="true"/>****
>
>     <param name="manage-presence" value="true"/>****
>
>     <param name="dbname" value="share_presence"/>****
>
>     <param name="presence-hosts" value="$${domain}"/>****
>
>     <param name="multiple-registrations" value="true"/>****
>
>     <param name="force-register-domain" value="$${domain}"/>****

>     <param name="force-register-db-domain" value="$${domain}"/>****
>
>     <param name="presence-probe-on-register" value="true"/>****
>
>     <param name="presence-privacy" value="$${presence_privacy}"/>****
>
>     <param name="send-presence-on-register" value="true"/>****
>
> ** **
>
> I am having problems with transferring calls. If I put a call on hold on
> phone 1 and press the line 1 button on phone 1, the call resumes just fine.
> But if I put a call on hold on phone 1 and try to resume the call on phone
> 2 by pressing the blinking red line 1 button, the phone tries to establish
> a new call to the user associated with line 1 instead of taking
> (transferring) the call from phone 1 to phone 2.****
>
> ** **
>
> I was wondering if anybody could help?****
>
> ** **