[Freeswitch-users] Dial out within a conference with early media

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Thu Aug 23 04:20:24 MSD 2012

Hi guys,

Is there an option to dial with early media support from within a conference?

This is what happens now:

1. I have an active conf.
2. I decide to pull in an additional user by calling her mobile.
3. From fs_cli, I execute conference <conf-id> dial Sofia/gateway/xyz/1234567890. Then
4. Either she picks up, we her the enter sound and we know she's joined in.
5. Or her mobile is switched off, with no voicemail and just an INFO message... And we will never know what happened.

Is there a way to accomplish the following?

Have the conference broadcast the early media portion of the call, and still play the enter sound when the called party picks up?

If this is not possible, I think it would be a great addition to the conferencing module of FS to have a dedicated dial command with support for Early Media.

Best and thanks,
Emrah
--
Emrah

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” Albert Einstein