[Freeswitch-users] Building Skype Issues

toddbailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Wed Aug 8 03:45:44 MSD 2012

No disrespect intended in my previous posts,  I applaud the dev team for what
they done,
I must have missed the paragraph that explicitly states you have to use a
dedicated server install in order to use mod_skypopen.
I hope that I can use gnome for the initiial config and build process then
switch to run level 3 for normal use..
Not knowing that a server install was a requirement, I assumed I could
basically use any distro and any desktop environment.  FS works well with
out skype mods in a desktop env,  Maybe at some point in the future
mod_skypopen will see advances to allow it to co-habitate and operate and
any environment.

Anyway,
After a frustrating several weeks of F17 I chose Mint 13 as a long term
stable (or soon to be) environment.
I had no idea that there would be audio issues to deal with. Due power
costs, I'm not overly excited about bringing another box online 24x7,  after
all I'm only running 1/2  dozen phone extensions and the primary server has
more than enough resources to support the additional load.  I just want to
be able to use multiple skype accounts to support multiple user's
extensions.

So I'm electing to build a VM that will only run FS. As suggested I'm
installing Centos 6.x (6.3 to be precise)
I'll do a full install sans any media apps and just enough to set network
parameters, a tftp server, and any dev tools to build FS.  Once every thing
is in place hopefully I can set Vbox to automatically boot and launch the
centos vm  with out any manual intervention.   well see how that works
out... eh?