[Freeswitch-users] Building Skype Issues

toddbailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Tue Aug 7 23:53:48 MSD 2012

Hi All,

After a dreadful several weeks of trying to get my Fedora 17 upgrade from
F14 to cooperate, I'm now running Mint 13 LST x64 as my primary server.

Now that most of the drama has past, I'm back to trying to get mod_skypopen
to install.
Before F17 I was running F14 so you may see why the upgrade was required.
'nough said,

Just like F14 I'm seeing an error in running the install sequence

cd /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_skypopen/oss
make clean; make; insmod ./skypopen.ko; mknod /dev/dsp c 14 3

once again I see
insmod: error inserting './skypopen.ko': -1 Device or resource busy
mknod: `/dev/dsp': File exists

I'm told previously that I don't want to see any snd modules listed in the
command

lsmod |grep snd

but in my case I see several

lsmod | grep snd

snd_hda_codec_realtek   223962  1
snd_hda_intel          33773  3
snd_hda_codec         127706  2 snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep              13668  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm                97188  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd_seq_midi           13324  0
snd_rawmidi            30748  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event     14899  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                61896  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer              29990  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device         14540  3 snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    78855  15
snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore              15091  1 snd
snd_page_alloc         18529  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

Questions:

do I need to rmmod each of these before I can successfully install the
mod_skypopen ?

Assuming this is true,  can I insmod the list to return to the previous
state or does the install of mod_skypopen limit what I can do with the
systems audio capabilities?
I utilize other applications that require audio ie: alsa and pulse modules
to function.

Thanks