[Freeswitch-users] One way audio only outbound to only AT&T mobile numbers

Jason A. Gould jason at jg-solutions.com
Tue Aug 7 20:47:44 MSD 2012

FreeSwitch noob here.

I currently have a mostly working setup here but I have one rather major
problem. I can send and receive calls from most numbers perfectly, the only
numbers that seem to be giving me problems are AT&T mobile numbers. Inbound
AT&T calls work fine, but outbound AT&T calls only have inbound audio, audio
from my switch to AT&T is lost. Naturally most of the mobile numbers I need
to call are AT&T.

According to my VoIP provider the problem is I'm sending out asynchronous
RTP (my send and receive ports are different) and that the media gateway on
the other end only allows synchronous RTP so my send and receive ports need
to be the same. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any setting in FS to
enable sync RTP. I found this under RTP issues:

<!-- This will use the async timer (this one you can also set to none if you
don't want asynchronous RTP traffic) -->

<param name="rtp-timer-name" value="soft"/>

But setting rtp-timer-name to none still uses different RTP ports for the
outbound traffic.