[Freeswitch-users] SIMPLE msg between two freeswitch servers

Carlos Flor jackal at cybershroud.net
Sat Aug 4 00:52:39 MSD 2012

I am trying to send a SIP SIMPLE message from handset 101 registered to
switch A to handset 202 registered on switch C.  Switch B is in the middle
and is a gateway for switch A, so it looks something like this:

101 -----  FS A -----gw------- FS B -----------gw------- FS C --------- 202

I was able to get something working with the chatplan by setting the "to"
parameter to point to FS B and then on FS B setting the to parameter to
point to FS C.  I don't know if this is even the best way to do it, but
that's how I got it to work.  What I would like, however, is to use TLS on
all links.  I currently have TLS on all links for phone calls, but I guess
the chatplan doesn't use the same logic as the dialplan so by default, it
is using UDP between the switches.  I have been looking through the source
trying to find out what I can set to enable TLS for SIMPLE between switches
but I have been unsuccessful thus far.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!