[Freeswitch-users] Help so inbound-late-negotiation=true and SRTP can coexist in same profile?

Robert Hadley robert.hadley at teotech.com
Fri Aug 3 20:59:16 MSD 2012

Hi FS users,

We want to use <param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/> in the internal sip profile, and <action application="inherit_codec=true"/> in the dialplan so as to minimize codec transcoding in Freeswitch.  But we also have other devices registered to the same sip profile using TLS/SRTP.  With this combination of settings SRTP is broken on the B-leg, resulting in RTP media.  Is there a way to override the sip profile parameter inbound-late-negotiation on a per call/channel basis?

Freeswitch's default internal sip_profile looks like it should support both UDP (5060) and TLS/SRTP (5061), but the above limitation makes the internal sip profile unusable for TLS/SRTP.  Is there any way for SRTP and late negotiation to coexist in the same profile?

Thanks,
Robert