[Freeswitch-users] Am I using play_and_detect_speech correctly?

Christopher Rienzo cmrienzo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:06:42 MSD 2012

The basic procedure for barge in is:

1. detect_speech unimrcp
{start-input-timers=false,no-input-timeout=5000,recognition-timeout=5000}builtin:grammar/boolean?language=en-US;y=1;n=2
2. playback say:please say yes or no. please say no or yes. please say
something!
3. handle begin-speaking event
4. break
5. when playback finishes...  detect_speech start_input_timers
6. handle detected-speech event

This is pretty much what play_and_detect_speech already does... see
switch_ivr_play_and_detect_speech() in switch_ivr_async.c if you know C.

Chris