[Freeswitch-users] How do I...

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 23:00:42 MSD 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Erin O'Meara <
erin.omeara at salmonbaytechnology.com> wrote:

> These are a few things I want to do with freeswitch (using FusionPBX), but
> I'm not sure what the best/easiest way would be. Not so much looking
> for explanations on how to solve the problems, more what direction I should
> read/research to learn how to solve these problems with freeswitch. But if
> you have seen one of the questions answered on the web I will gladly not
> re-invent the wheel.
>
> I realize the there are only two variables, time + money. If one of these
> ideas is doable, but I'm going to have to spend weeks learning the in's and
> out's please mention that :)
>
> 1. The same customer calls 3 times in five minutes, if they reach my
> voicemail prompt and call back within 5 minutes redirect them straight to
> voicemail.
>
> Suggested in IRC to set a dialplan XML variable with a timestamp per
> incoming callerid,  if they call back and timestamp is less then five
> minutes send straight to voicemail. if this is posible, does not seam like
> the best solution because the variables would never expire without some
> expire script?

You probably want to develop this logic as an application using a database
and use either embedded lua script in an application or a xml_curl dialplan
so you can make the logic in a normal application and return the correct
dialplan based on the circumstances.

> 2. I have a hunt group with my desk phone extension, cellphone sip client
> extension(only active on WiFi) and external forward to cellphone PSTN
> number.
> When I get a call, my sip phones ring instantly, and a few seconds later
> my cellphone rings thru the PSTN.
>
> Can I enable/disable the cellphone forward based on if my cellphone sip
> client is registered?
> For my huntgroup, if I have an active call send the call straight to
> voicemail/busy message? using limit?

Also solved with dynamic dialplan (xml_curl) and logic on the caller id
data.

> 3. Can I have nested hunt groups (I have not tired), basically main number
> rings extensions and my personal huntgroup. If my hunt group is busy, its
> still rings the other phones before it does its fall back rule.
>
> Regards,

There are some pretty extensive documentation on dialing and groups.  Look
for the originate syntax and/or enterprise originate.

> 206.905.9520
>  http://salmonbaytechnology.com

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II