[Freeswitch-users] client change IP address while ringing

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Apr 27 20:14:13 MSD 2012

That's an impossible situation -

How does FS know the new address?  The only way is if the phone
registers.  FS won't even know where to send the next packet until the
phone does another registration so it gets an update.

If you have a registration for both the WiFi and 3G address, you will
have better luck, but I think FS will still maintain the contact info
for a dialog that has already started.

If this is a problem you really need to solve, then you may need to set
up some sort of VPN so that a common IP address can be reachable over
both 3G and WiFi.  Even then, there is still going to be a period of
instability when you transition, as the routing has to re-converge.

You also can't transition an active call between WiFi and 3G for the
same reasons.  The only way to do that would be to park the call,
re-register on the new network, then pick it up again.

Hope that's helpful.

-Tim