[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and Opensips

Miha miha at softnet.si
Fri Apr 20 12:14:54 MSD 2012

On 4/17/2012 2:15 PM, Anton Kvashenkin wrote:
> Good read
> http://blog.2600hz.com/post/18096749028/understanding-how-fs-supports-opensips-as-a
>

> 17 ?????? 2012 ?. 13:41 ???????????? Miha <miha at softnet.si
> <mailto:miha at softnet.si>> ???????:
>
>     Hi to all,
>
>     I have configured opensips that works like load_balancer (wiki on
>     FS page).
>     So, we have SBC, trunk is made to Opensips, than opensips is
>     load_balacing to FSs.
>     When you call from FS, call is going to Opensips, then opensips
>     redirect the call to SBC, if call must go outside.
>
>     My question:
>
>     FSs boxes are all the same (same dialplan, directory
>     configuration, etc.). What happens if call is made to a user,
>     which is registered on one of the FS box? I guess I must change
>     dialplan and set that all trafic FS send to opensips (not
>     internally), because if someone calls to a local user, but user is
>     registered on other FS box, FS will behave as user is not registered.
>
>     So, will opensips know which user is registered on which FS box
>     when opensips will be doing load_balacing?
>
>     Thanks for explenation.
>
>     Regards,
>     Miha
>
>     _________________________________________________________________________
>     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
>     consulting at freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting at freeswitch.org>
>     http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>

>     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
>     http://www.freeswitch.org
>     http://wiki.freeswitch.org
>     http://www.cluecon.com
>
>     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>     FreeSWITCH-users at lists.freeswitch.org
>     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users at lists.freeswitch.org>
>     http://www.freeswitch.org

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

HI,

thank you all for your answers . So If I would like to do load_balacing
with opensips I would need some kind of logic for every registered phone
I must know to which FS is registerd, so I would know to which one I
must FDW call.

But in this case this script do not work (as is written on FS wiki):

  if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                 if (!load_balance("1","pstn","1")) {
                         send_reply("503","Service Unavailable");
                         exit;
                 }
         }
         else if (is_method("REGISTER")) {
                 if (!ds_select_dst("1", "0")) {
                         send_reply("503","Service Unavailable");
                         exit;
                 }
         }
         else {
                 send_reply("405","Method Not Allowed");
                 exit;
         }

         # route the request
         if (!t_relay()) {
                 sl_reply_error();
         }

Example:. You have three users.A and B user are registered to FS1 and C user to FS2. A and C are talking if B gets a call as Opensips do not know to which box B is registered

It could FWD it to FS2, which will not work as B is registered to FS1.
Am I right?

Rergards,
Miha