[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and Opensips

Miha miha at softnet.si
Tue Apr 17 13:41:05 MSD 2012

Hi to all,

I have configured opensips that works like load_balancer (wiki on FS page).
So, we have SBC, trunk is made to Opensips, than opensips is
load_balacing to FSs.
When you call from FS, call is going to Opensips, then opensips redirect
the call to SBC, if call must go outside.

My question:

FSs boxes are all the same (same dialplan, directory configuration,
etc.). What happens if call is made to a user, which is registered on
one of the FS box? I guess I must change dialplan and set that all
trafic FS send to opensips (not internally), because if someone calls to
a local user, but user is registered on other FS box, FS will behave as
user is not registered.

So, will opensips know which user is registered on which FS box when
opensips will be doing load_balacing?

Thanks for explenation.

Regards,
Miha