[Freeswitch-users] Faxing via FreeSWITCH documentation

Timothy Bolton ifoundthetao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:36:47 MSD 2012

Hey all,

I know that there is a good amount of information out there on how to do
faxing via FreeSWITCH, but I'm still finding myself a bit confused.

I'm currently trying to figure out the process by which I would need to
do this.  I'll detail my setup, and ask questions.  I've read
documentation, but I'm still missing something.

Okay, I'm currently running FreeSWITCH in a CentOS VM, with 4GB of RAM,
and I'm the only user.  I'm using FlowRoute, and I have a couple of
unused numbers.  Pretty simple, nothing out of the ordinary (except
maybe the VM part?).

At some point in the next six months or so, I'll be getting a couple of
dedicated servers here for various things, and I'll begin moving my VM
servers from my main computer to those, as actual hardware hosts.

So my fax machine is built into an "All-in-one" Network
Printer/Scanner/Fax (Brother MFC-7360N).

Here's my main question, do I need to get a special card to run a cable
from my computer to the Fax?

Is it better to get a dedicated fax machine to use, or are there
specialized fax machines for Fax over IP?

Thanks guys and gals,

Tim

--
'We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.'
Quarry Worker's Creed