[Freeswitch-users] Possible to disable core codecs?

Malay Thakershi mthakershi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:14:18 MSD 2012

Hello,

Is there a way to disable core codecs offered by CORE_PCM_MODULE?

I want to use G729 as I need to make more concurrent calls with limited
bandwidth. But no matter what I do, system keeps using PCMU codec.

I did following modifications based on the wiki but nothing seems to work.

In modules.conf.xml,
<load module="mod_g729"/>

Under SIP profile file,
<param name="inbound-codec-negotiation" value="greedy"/>

Under vars.xml file,
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=G729"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=G729"/>

I also contacted my SIP provider (Vitelity) but they say if I disable other
codecs completely, I may be able to use G729.

Thanks for help.

Malay Thakershi