[Freeswitch-users] ZRTP Code Now In Tree

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 2 23:41:16 MSD 2012

Hello all!

This isn't an announcement so much as an FYI. Phil Zimmermann has been
working diligently with our very own power user Travis Cross (IRC: tc) on
getting ZRTP into a truly useful state. The first big step on that journey
has been taken: libzrtp code has been added to the git repository. Travis
Cross reports that getting to this point was a serious amount of work, and
for that we thank him and Phil both. We are all going to benefit from ZRTP
when it is ready for use. The code is available for your perusal, however
it is not quite ready for use at this time.

We invite everyone to join us on the FreeSWITCH conference call this
Wednesday (agenda here<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_04_04>).
Travis will be discussing what has been done thus far and what remains to
be done. This will dovetail nicely with AEP who will be discussing the
Freedom Fone project on Wednesday also.

-Michael