[Freeswitch-users] Strange DTMF Tones On Inbound Calls

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 2 19:43:48 MSD 2012

Maybe bind_digit_action would capture these for you. You could try binding
something simple, like a log function:

<action application="bind_digit_action" data="rogue_dtmf,~\w+,exec:log,INFO
Rogue digit(s): ${last_matching_digits}"/>
<action application="digit_action_set_realm" data="rogue_dtmf"/>

You'll need to experiment to make sure that regex works. If not you could
possibly do each digit explicity, like this:
<action application="bind_digit_action" data="rogue_dtmf,A,exec:log,INFO
Rogue digit: DTMF 'A' received"/>
<action application="bind_digit_action" data="rogue_dtmf,B,exec:log,INFO
Rogue digit: DTMF 'B' received"/>
<action application="bind_digit_action" data="rogue_dtmf,C,exec:log,INFO
Rogue digit: DTMF 'C' received"/>
<action application="bind_digit_action" data="rogue_dtmf,D,exec:log,INFO
Rogue digit: DTMF 'D' received"/>

I don't honestly know if this will work, but I'd like to see what happens
in your case. FYI, you can read up on bind_digit_action (AKA 'bda') here:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_bind_digit_action

-MC