[Freeswitch-users] VM sound very choppy

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Sun Apr 1 20:45:18 MSD 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:24:30 +0000
Peter Olsson <peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se> wrote:

> Another case of virtual machine setup maybe,
> or is this real hardware?

Thanks for having pointed the hardware, Peter.

In the past I had some small troubles (and high frequency noise)
coming from the motherboard Ethernet adapter (a via_rhine chipset)
but after a kernel change, everything seemed fine, except the noise.

Today I was listening to a web radio and lost it, it also happened I
lost all connectivity!  Only an ifdown eth0; ifup eth0 recovered.

So, I'm now pretty sure this problem of choppy sound is coming from
the Ethernet adapter (may be it could also be the drv, but I didn't
find anything about that on the web) - it took me a while to
realize that because this in not a very common failure.

So, I'm gonna deactivate this MB card and insert a good one.

JY