[Freeswitch-users] Alarm System Central Office over VoIP(FreeSwitch)

Darcy darcy at primrose.ws
Wed Sep 28 21:50:27 MSD 2011

We, the voiphighway, have about 50 alarms running over voip, it is a combination of echo cancellation, silent suppression, force g711 and the carrier you use. The setting can be different for each site, but you should disable echo cancellation and silent suppression, that is how we usually get it to function.

Otherwise it is a shot in the dark.  They are all running thru a freeswitch setup in what we call a tandem mode, the calls come from either another freeswitch pbx or pbxnsip hosted server and we relay the calls onwards.  Be sure to use bypass media, the less times the rtp touches something, the better chance you have of it working.
Darcy