[Freeswitch-users] google voice connection going offline (mod_dingaling)

Federico Beffa beffa at ieee.org
Wed Sep 28 12:14:53 MSD 2011

Hi All,

I've setup mod_dingaling to connect to my google voice account
according to the instructions on the wiki
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice#Setup_FreeSWITCH_-_Dingaling_to_work_with_your_Gmail_account
with two modifications:
<param name="rtp-ip" value="auto"/>
<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>

I use the same IP settings for SIP (sofia) with no problem.

The setup works fine for the first hour or two, but then I can see
from another google account that the connection established by
freeswitch goes offline. If I try anyway to make an outbound call,
then the other end does not ring (even if I wait for a long time).
However, after some minutes the freeswitch account returns online and
works again for a couple of hours.

I'm behind a nat and firewall. Is there any port which I have to open
to keep freeswitch online? As far as I understand only the google XMMP
server needs to listen to port 5222 and port 5269.
Or, is there any kind of "keep alive" timer available?

The google talk client running in the same environment works flawlessly.

Thanks for any advise.
Fede