[Freeswitch-users] mod_rtmp and flex client

David Wafula davidwaf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:22:36 MSD 2011

Am finally trying out flex client with mod_rtmp and i just realize how
little i know of this module. I have installed mod_rtmp  and loaded it (or
so i think). On the server, this is what i get:

 freeswitch at internal>rtmp status
-ERR no reply

This doesn't look right for starters..what do i expect for a valid reply?

To the client.
It looks like the basic config on the flex client is to  update
var flashvars = { xxxxxxxx} to point to my freeswitch server, no ?

So, first i try:
var flashvars = {
rtmp_url: 'rtmp://conference.freeswitch.org/phone'
 };

And it does connect.

Say my freeswitch server is running at 1.2.3.4

So, naturally i end up with

var flashvars = {
rtmp_url: 'rtmp://1.2.3.4'
};

Is that the way to do it? Because this gives me:

netStatus: NetConnection.Connect.InvalidApp
netStatus: NetConnection.Connect.Closed

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank you
--