[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch with Googlevoice (dingaling) on OpenWrt based Router

cchhat01 cchirag at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 01:24:06 MSD 2011

Hi All,

I am in the process of getting the freeswitch installation up and running on
my router (Netgear WNDR3700v2) which runs trunk Openwrt trunk (attitude
adjustment).
This is freeswitch 1.0.7.
0. dingaling.conf.xml was not being copied for my installation type and is
now addressed (thanks to mazilo for committing this checkin)
1. once started, fs_cli shows "sofia status" with the IP address of my WAN
IP Address (207.a.b.c) and not that of the router (192.168.1.1). Digging
through the config, i found that $${local_ip_v4} results in this value, even
though it should really be 192.168.1.1. Is there an option which disables
running FS on the public IP? As a result of this problem, I can't even get
my SIP ATA device to register. Once I manually change the configuration to
use the domain="192.168.1.1" instead of "${local_ip_v4}", my ATA clients can
register.

2. Once i copied over the dingaling.conf.xml file, i was successfully
connected to gtalk account, however all my inbound calls did not route to
the sofia directory user 1000 (as specified in my
jingle_profiles/client.xml).
This file is a replica of the info found on
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice#Setup_FreeSWITCH_-_Dingaling_to_work_with_your_Gmail_account
with my gtalk login details.

I need these two aspects to start communicating with each other.
Please advise if anyone has any ideas as to what needs to be done.
Thanks,

Chirag