[Freeswitch-users] INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION - did FS not offer a codec?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 13 19:28:49 MSD 2011

For the record, line #107 contains the codecs (and other stuff) that FS
offered:

m=audio 16480 RTP/AVP 8 0 9 101 13

The "8 0 9 101 13" represent the codecs (and other stuff). What do those
numbers mean? This wiki page has the list:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/RTP_payload_list

The SDP spec says that for non-dynamic payload numbers you are NOT required
to have the "a=rtpmap" lines. This makes sense because those payload numbers
don't change meaning until you get up to 96 and higher. The issue is that
some devices are broken and require the "a=rtpmap" lines for the payload
types below number 96. The verbose_sdp chan var mentioned by KK tells FS to
add all those a=rtpmap lines for the non-dynamic payload types. You should
only set this var when absolutely necessary because those verbose SDP's can
cause the packets to be larger than the allowable MTU size.

Dontcha just *love* SIP/SDP interop? :)

-MC