[Freeswitch-users] Detecting silence in recorded file

Adam Kelloway adam.kelloway at newpace.ca
Tue Sep 13 17:38:18 MSD 2011

Hi there,

Is there way to do any the following when using the record dial plan tool?

- prevent the record tool from writing any samples to the destination
file if the audio is not above the given silence threshold
- detect whether a recorded file contains any audio above the given
silence threshold

I would like to treat recordings that are purely "silence" differently
from those that contain audio above the silence threshold (such as
speech). I would be interested in knowing if anyone has ever done this,
and what your approach was.

Thanks,
Adam