[Freeswitch-users] GXW4104 gateway setup for outgoing calls

ocset ocset at the800group.com
Tue Sep 13 10:49:30 MSD 2011

Hi

I have recently bought a Grandstream GXW4104 (4 FXO ports) and need some
help setting up a gateway to call out using the GXW4104. I am really out
of my depth here and may be looking at this the wrong way so please bear
with me.

I followed the advice on this
website "http://www.timhunt.net/wiki/FreeSwitch:GXW4104" and incoming
calls from a PSTN line are working great. Now I need to setup a dialplan
so that outgoing calls are routed through the same PSTN line on the
GXW4104. I will eventually have 4 PSTN lines with a dialplan to use the
first available line (if that is possible).

According to the FreeSWITCH 1.0.6 book (and many online posts) I need to
create a gateway and a dialplan but all the gateway examples are for SIP
accounts.

So, the gateway definition seems to need a username and password but the
GXW4104 does not have that capability. I found this gateway definition
in the  freeswitch.xml.fsxml file but am not sure how many of these
variables are required.

<gateways>
<gateway name="example.com">
<param name="username" value="joeuser"/>
<param name="password" value="password"/>
<param name="from-user" value="joeuser"/>
<param name="from-domain" value="example.com"/>
<param name="expire-seconds" value="600"/>
<param name="register" value="false"/>
<param name="retry-seconds" value="30"/>
<param name="extension" value="5000"/>
<param name="context" value="public"/>
</gateway>
</gateways>

If I define a gateway called "gxw4104", then this is what I think a
simple dialplan should look like but I'm not sure of the gateway details
in the "bridge" section of the definition.

<extension name="gxw4104_out">
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d{10})$">
*<action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/gxw4104/........"/>        (what should this be???)*
</condition>
</extension>

Am I moving in the right direction and can someone fill in the blanks
for me please

Thanks in advance!