[Freeswitch-users] User Agent Displayed by sipsak

Chad Vogel cvogel at lyonl.com
Mon Sep 12 23:57:36 MSD 2011

in the external.xml config file use:

<param name="user-agent-string" value="your agent here"/>

On Sep 12, 2011, at 4:22 AM, cogs66 wrote:

Hi

Very much learning here and working on security at present.

I have used sipsak to see what is displayed to the outside world. Whilst I
am proud to be using FreeSWITCH I am concerned this is too much info?

-0500

I also notice SIP/2.0 200 OK. When I run on a provider I see SIP/2.0 501
Method not allowed. Maybe this is because they use a SIP proxy and I am not
here.

Maybe this is nothing to worry about but I would rather be sure and would
appreciate any feedback here.

Cheers