[Freeswitch-users] Overlap dialing and not presented 'sending complete' flag

Štefan Čudai stviper at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:16:47 MSD 2011

Dear Friends,

my questions are about FreeTDM and his module sangoma_isdn. I have to
use overlap dialing because of customer requirements.

First question:
In file ftmod_sangoma_isdn_stack_hndl.c on line [474] is following condition:

       if (cnStEvnt->sndCmplt.eh.pres || num_digits >= min_digits) {
               ftdm_set_state(ftdmchan, FTDM_CHANNEL_STATE_RING);
       } else {
               ftdm_log_chan(ftdmchan, FTDM_LOG_DEBUG, "received %d of %d
digits\n", num_digits, min_digits);
       }

I guess it should be && and no || because when you have set min_digits = 8
channel goes immediately to RING state after INFO message with eighth
digit is received. Than it isn't possible receive numbers longer then 8 digits!

Is it BUG???

Second question:
According to "ITU-T Recommendation Q.931" in chapter "5.1.3 Overlap
sending" is written:
The call information in the message which completes the information
sending may contain a sending complete indication, (e.g. the # character
or, as a network option, the sending complete information element)
appropriate to the dialling plan being used. The network shall restart
timer T302 on the receipt of every INFORMATION message not
containing a sending complete indication.

If I understand this flag "cnStEvnt->sndCmplt.eh.pres" mentioned in
the code above is used to find out if INFO message has 'sending
complete indication'. But what about situation when FreeTDM doesn't get it???
In that case FreeTDM received after some time (in my case 15s)
STATUS CONFIRM message with reason:

Recovery on timer expire (call_state:25 channel-state:COLLECT
cause:102) (suId:1 suInstId:2 spInstId:2)

Can you tell me if implementation of sangoma_isdn module also solves
this situation when 'sending complete' is not set?

Thanks.

Regards,
Stefan