[Freeswitch-users] DTMF Problems

Antonio Teixeira eagle.antonio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:07:47 MSD 2011

Hello.

This questions is not specific to FS but to all the SIP Gateways.
We currently work with several Voice Providers , including the big carriers
BT , etc  and this situation happens from time to time and some more
frequently then other.

We call phone A , the person answers and presses some keys and voila RTP
Events Received , all goes well.

We disconnect  and call that exact phone and DTMF is not working anymore
,... We disconnect the call from another provider and we have again the DTMF
Tones.

Now we try another carrier and the same situation happens .

Do anyone of you guys have anything to say on this a best practice , should
i use RFC2833 and in band at the same time trying to catch any missing tones
?

Regards
Antonio Teixeira