[Freeswitch-users] audo sync issues with record_session to mp3

Tom Parrott tomp at tomp.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 14:34:01 MSD 2011

Hi,

We are running a cluster of 3 SIP servers all running Freeswitch.

Each call is recorded using the record_session application to record to
mp3 files using mod_shout.

Longer calls, after about 10 minutes start to introduce sync issues
between the A-leg and the B-leg.

We are running record_session on the A-leg, and it seems to get ahead of
the B-leg.

For example the caller on the A-leg will be heard to answer a question
whilst the person on the B-leg is asking it.

I am aware that recording to .mp3 can use additional resources, but these
are quad core servers with 4GB of ram and they are only doing around 10
concurrent calls each.

Additionally I have seen others experiencing these issues with Wav files too:
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2010-July/060107.html

I am using the git head version from Tue 11 Oct 2011.

I have also tried turning off enable_file_write_buffering on the A-leg
however this makes no difference either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks