[Freeswitch-users] Lock down default config

Ben Naylor bnaylor at sirran.com
Tue Oct 18 15:37:33 MSD 2011

Hi All

I am going live with a Freeswitch server in a couple of weeks, and it will
be using a public IP.  I am a bit concerned that I may not have tightened
security on the box enough to protect it (as best I can) from attack.

I have had a look online for something similar to this but a freeswitch
version, but can't find anything -
http://blogs.digium.com/2009/03/28/sip-security/

Can anyone suggest a list of things I should check before I go live with
this server?  I have already changed the default password, removed the
default user accounts/passwords and removed the external SIP account.

Any ideas  are greatly appreciated, also any links to websites that I may
not have found yet.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Ben