[Freeswitch-users] bypass media and media proxy

RuiQiang Huang hrqiang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 22:28:23 MSD 2011

Hi, Ken

I have
    <param name="inbound-proxy-media" value="true"/>
    <param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/>
in internal.xml. However, when my two endpoints in the same network call
each other, instead of peer to peer, audio still goes to freeswitch. I know
that I may be able to achieve this by this action in my dialplan
<action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
For that I have to statically configure which endpoint calls which goes
bypass media, but I want it more intelligent, automatically
detect two endpoint in the same network or not and alternative between proxy
media and bypass media. Anything I'm missing or suggestion? Thanks.