[Freeswitch-users] Conference floor given to muted member

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:51:53 MSD 2011

The floor is really an aesthetic moniker.  It's not controlling the audio etc.
If you are not getting audio in the beginning of the call it's
probably a NAT translation auto adjusting.
Try adding something like answer followed by sleep 2000 in your
dialplan before entering the conference.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Duvid Rottenberg
<adrottenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a conference to use for paging similar to
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Lua_Intercom and I noticed that the
> first 2 seconds of audio are not being sent. After reviewing the logs
> it appears that the first member to enter the conference is
> automatically given the floor event thought it was entered with the
> mute flag. I set it up so that the originator enters the conference
> with the moderator flag and is also unmuted, however it appears that
> he doesn't get the floor right away, even though he's the only unmuted
> member. It takes about 2 seconds of speech for the moderator to get
> the floor. I have the following settings for the conference profile I
> use:
>
> <param name="energy-level" value="0"/>
> <param name="conference-flags" value="wait-mod"/>
> <param name="moh-sound" value="silence"/>
> <param name="moh-sound" value="silence"/>
>
> I tried setting <param name="member-flags" value="waste"/> but it
> didn't help, for now I changed it so that the moderator enters the
> conference with the wast flag.
>
> Are there any other settings I can use to either avoid giving a muted
> member the floor, or to speed up the time it takes to give the floor
> to the moderator?
>
> Thank You,
> Duvid Rottenberg

Anthony Minessale II